Saturday 9 November 2019

Dear eve,
I'm kelechi from Anambra state.I got married last year to my husband.I was 23 years old when I got married and my husband was 36.He is based in Australia,he is married to an Australia woman and they have two daughters.though he told my family and I his marital status before we got married last year but now I'm not comfortable with the whole thing again and I want to quit my marriage.
He told me not to post our marriage on social media.I'm not allowed to be his friend on social media and can't celebrate our anniversaries like my fellow women on social media.he told me he married the woman and in order to survive over there but i don't believe him because children doesn't suppose to come from that kind of relationship.he visits Nigeria not more than three times in a year while he basically live with  his wife over there with their children but I'm just a Nigeria base who is hidden from the world.he posts the pictures of his wife and kids on social media then mine he hides infact I can't even call him expect he calls because the white woman doesn't suppose to know about my existence. Please I'm tired and I want to call the white woman and tell her the truth or I walk away from the marriage.please what should I do.
Kelechi


Dear kelechi,
At 24 you are not supposed to be in this kind of marriage but you are already in it you have only option of walking away but remember you wrote that this man told you family about his marital status before your family accepted the dowry from him that means he is a good and honest man but its like the thought and fantasies of getting married to abroad based man didn't allow you to see clearly what you were getting into.It will be a great injustice to this man if you expose him to the said white woman.it wouldn't do you any good and you will end up ruining this man entire future and all he worked hard to get.This man have done you no wrong.gently leave but cause no harm to his life but if you want to stay,my sister getting married to an abroad base man you must be matured enough to bear any ugly outcome because keeping a long distance relationship is not an easy thing.this man restricting you call is not he love you less but he only protecting himself,the other woman who knows nothing about your existence.the white woman is the victim here not you.she was married to this man,might have also worked hard with him to get the things you are enjoying today. Sweetheart sit your ass down or leave peacefully.

No comments: